Reading Assignment 1

READING ASSIGNMENT 1

 When reading this assignment, I found it interesting to see similar things that I do with my designs, and how I work. Since I've been starting to work with clients I've come to realize how important communication really is. The sender, message, channel, receiver section really help me come to realize how important the relationship with the customer is.
    I've come to also realize how big and effective advertising really is. I really enjoyed the section about the interior designer and found it funny that consumers would trust an artists opinion and taste of a pre-cordinated living room by just examing matching items. What makes it funny is the consumer doesn't even know what many of the objects in the room really are. They were sold on the look and taste of the artist because it looked like a compete ensemble.
    I was really interested in the message cycle. As a new business license owner I have started to realize that this cycle is extremely important. Creation, reproduction, distribution, reception by individuals, and conception by culture; most of these areas have never even crossed my mind. I know it will take some time for me too better understand each piece to become a better designer, but when I start to better understand the ins and outs of design,  it will only Hello make me a better designer.