Design Project 2 - Public Service Announcement


FOLLOW UP RESPONSE PART 2
    With my follow up to Mandee's response, I decided to make the changes that she had suggested which made my design stronger.  It's amazing how something so small can make such a big difference.  I changed the lines going through the NCSL logo, and also shifted the type over to the left ever so slightly to help have all invisible lines line up more closely. 


CRITIQUE PART 2 FROM MANDEE
Your new design looks great! I really see this as a paper now , especially with the texturing around the icons. I only have a couple more things for the next critique, and they are just small:

  • There is a line going through the NCSL logo, and that throws me off a bit.
  • The ... goes into your margin slightly and makes the design kind of tight right there.
Other than that I think you've done a really nice job!



FOLLOW UP RESPONSE TO MY CRITIQUE
Things I changed:
  • Added a new typeface
  • Put a paper texture in the background to make it have a realistic feel.
  • Made the figure icons have a more drawn out feel.

CRITIQUE BY MANDEE THOMAS   
  I like the idea that this is a note being written to parents, I feel like that really puts it into the "school" context. I think you should work to push the lined paper aesthetic even farther. Some ways you could do this is by:

  • Giving the paper three holes or including the frayed edge as if it was torn out of a notebook.
  • Write the type yourself
  • Possibly make the icons look more like they were stamped onto the paper by adding a texture.