Signifier = The shoes
Signified = The text
The design I came out with out of the blue one day while trying to decide on a new project to come up with. The meaning of this piece is to show what a life may be like in some parts of the country. Shoes over a telephone wire resembles a few different things; a drug lord is in control of particular area and neighborhoods within that area; a certain gang controls that part of the area, and it could also mean that there could be prostitution going on within that area.
With that kind of lifestyle, that is one that you wouldn't want to associate with. What I have tried to portrait is that in these kind of areas, that lifestyle may actually be the "good life". A life of partying, sex, drugs, music, and no responsibility. A may be a dream life to people, but most often it isn't an ideal kind of lifestyle to live. For a lot of us, I think we are still trying to find "the good life."
